I would like to start with a thank you note…!
Thank you Ravi Siddula on nominating me for “The Mystery Blogger award“. My heart filled with joy as soon as I saw this nomination. The natural instinct of mine kicked in with many questions the very next moment but thank you Ravi for bearing me and my numerous questions (I admit some were silly as well :-P). In my short journey as a blogger, I have never been nominated before. Hence, this post will always be very special to me!
To all my Lovely Readers…
I take this opportunity to extend my gratitude to you all for constantly encouraging me with amazing comments. It was like a fuel to my body..to keep me going!
Well, I guess it isn’t that boring at all to be aware of few details…right?
Lets dig into the details then…
“The Mystery Blogger“ award was created by Okoto Enigma. It is named after her…and before a question pops in your mind, let me explain why?
“Enigma“ in Greek/Latin translates to Mystery/Puzzle. According to her, there are many blogs that reside as a mystery and once explored we find friends where we least expect of. I know this concept sounds crazy to many…but isn’t being crazy awesome sometimes?!?! And I am also aware that, many might even ignore, branding it as a chained post. But somehow this view of Okoto Enigma, that ‘finding friend when we least expect of in this blogosphere’ is one of the reason why I decided to take this nomination sphere forward and post about it. Through this medium, I would be able to show my gratitude and heartfelt love to people/blogs, which I could connect to virtually…through their writings!
As per the rules drafted for this award, I was commanded (Just kidding!) to tell 3 things about myself. So, I jump right in and disclose those amazing(Err! Weird sometimes…) things about me…
3 things about myself:
* I am a book freak and enjoy reading. My favorite genre as I grew old has changed from Fantasy/Fiction to Philosophy..!
* I could spend count less hours gazing at the rising sun or setting sun. Okay! that was bit too much… I guess it is appropriate to mention — “countless hours until my skin starts to burn…!”
* I am trained in classical music…Carnatic Music to be specific. Many aren’t aware of this hidden talent of mine 😛 . So, thought of mentioning it here for no reason!
My Nominations for different categories as listed below:
Jhilmil & Chandresh – Family on the wheels
Saumy Nagayach – Saumy’s Bag
Manisha – Zara hatke blog
Ruby Singh – Life and its experiments
Meenakshi – Polka Junction
Vinay R – Art of Leo
Ashwini Dodani – From the poet’s heart
Sheethal Susan Jacob – Scribblings
Food & Cooking:
Shalini R Nair – Something’s Cooking
Shamik – The Mixed Flavors
Tina Basu – Twinkling Tina Cooks
Corinne Rodrigues – Everyday Gyaan
Akshata Ramesh – The Untold Stories
Shalini Baisiwala – Shalzmojo: Stories and Opinions
Sunita – Mumbai on a high (Bellybytes)
Esha M Dutta – Soul Talk
Arjun Gupta – Knight of Steel
Apeksha Rao – Once upon a time… A collection of stories
Rajlakshmi – Destiny’s Child
5 questions to the Nominees:
As per rules I am bound to ask five questions to the nominees. So here they are…I hope everyone will be frank to share their thoughts..!
1. What inspires you to write/blog?
2. If you are asked to choose a blog which you love, which one would that be?
3. Do you have any secret talent? If yes, what is it? (Just curious to know about it…!)
4. What is your favorite book?
Where is the fun if I do not drop a funny question here…..Here you go…
5. Did you ever leave a restaurant/food outlet without clearing your bill? (Not at all judging you here…I swear 😛 )
My answers to the 5 questions asked by person who nominated me:
1. What is your best achievement till date?
Purchasing “Canon EOS 60D” with my hard earned money!
2. If life gives you an option to undo something in life, what would it be?
I do not lead my life on regrets and face whatever comes in my way without second thought!
3. How would you start a conversation with a stranger?
I usually never start the conversation. It is always someone else, as I always tend to have a troubled start! Strange I know…!
4. What is the one trait that you would like to change in yourself?
Gain control on my emotions and not flowing with them blindly without thought. I am already in implementing phase, not yet perfected it, but hope to achieve that some day. Wish me luck 🙂
5. What is the wackiest food you ever had?
Yeah…that is something I never forget! My favorite Pasta served to me by an ex room-mate…What can I say she ruined my evening!
Well…here comes my favorite part!! I was asked to mention my best post(s) here…I would love to mention all my posts, but as that is not possible will settle with 3 of my posts!
Let me now list the 9 rules of the award that you must follow:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
I have done my part, hope you will do the same!
Connect with me on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
Thank you so much, for the nomination Keerthi!
Very well expressed. Congrats
Thanks a lot Ravi 🙂
Hi Keerthi. Thank you so much for nominating me! Turns out, you’ve already nominated quite a few bloggers I’d have nominated. So I’m not taking it forward.
I’m answering your questions here, though…
1. My inspiration to blog/write is to put a piece of my thoughts into words. Sometimes it’s inspiring, at other times, it’s quite cathartic!
2. I read and love so many blogs, so it’d be difficult to choose just one. 🙂
3. No secret talents. My only talent is to put my thoughts to words and write! 😀
4. The Kite Runner, for reasons I’ve mentioned in my recent post!
5. Yes actually. Long back. The food was so bad, we just walked out. Deservedly.
Thank you vinay for responding 🙂
all the best keerthulu… 🙂
Thank you Harshita 🙂
Thank you Keerthi for the nomination, much love to you !
This is a novel thing for me. So kind of you to nominate me. It was fun getting to know you better through this post
Oh you are the most deserving nominee under category 🙂 You writings inspire me a lot!
Thanks a lot Akshata for dropping by!